The General Assembly
- OAS General Assembly is held every year in a different Member State.
The Forty-Sixth Regular Session of the General Assembly was held in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic from June 13-15, 2016
The Permanent Council
- The OAS Permanent Council is held at least two times per month. Jamaica’s Permanent Representative to the OAS, Ambassador Audrey Marks, Chaired the Permanent Council from 1st October to 18th November 2016.
- Ambassador Stephen Vasciannie, Chaired the Permanent Council from July to September 2012.
- Other meetings include Committee Meetings held on a weekly basis:
Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Affairs (CAAP)
Committee on Juridical and Political Affairs (CAJP)
Committee on Hemispheric Security (CHS)
Inter-American Council for Integral Development (CIDI)
- The Summit of the Americas is held every three years. The Seventh Summit was held in Panama in April 2015. The Eighth Summit will be held in Peru in 2018.